Frequently Asked Questions
1. India vs China - which country is best for sourcing customised garments?
Once, China was a better destination to source customised garments. But Now India is a better alternative to China. Now anyone can make an alternative source in India because of quality & price.
2. Which Indian cities are known as best manufacturing hubs for T-shirts and apparels?
Tirupur ranks in the top place of this list. 60% of India's cotton apparels & t-shirt export, worth an estimated $1 billion, comes from this city. Next comes Kolkata, Ludhiana, Surat & Mumbai in terms of volume. Among all these cities, Kolkata quality is premium.
3. What are the differences between natural & synthetic fabric that used to make apparels?
Synthetic fabrics like polyester come from several chemical compounds. Natural fabrics such as cotton & wool come from cotton plants & animals. Sustainable practices talks in favour of natural fabric over synthetic. They are more eco-friendly, durable, skin friendly & comfortable than synthetic fabrics.
4. What do you mean by woven & knitted fabric?
In knitted fabrics, the weavers loop a single thread multiple times to create a fabric that represents braiding. In the case of woven, weavers intersect two or more threads at correct angles.
5. What do you mean by private label apparels?
Private label apparel means a piece of apparel manufactured by a third-party manufacturer, but the retailer sells them with its own custom brand name. The retailer asks the manufacturer to customise, packaging & everything else. Every worldwide reputed clothing lineup uses the private labelling method.
6. In terms of export volume, what are the most demanded Indian clothing items worldwide?
In overseas countries, Indian clothing items like cotton t-shirts, cotton babywear, cotton kids wear & Kashmiri shawls stay in demand throughout the year. The USA, followed by some European countries & UAE is among the top export destinations.
7. Do custom apparels have any value?
Custom apparels are an affordable method to establish a company identity. In addition, they aid in promoting corporate cultures & work well as giveaways or bulk gifting purposes.
8. What are the first-copy clothing?
First-copy clothes are illegal copies of original clothing items under the same brand name. They are far less expensive & lower quality than the original products.
9. Do you manufacture first-copy apparels?
No, we don’t do these unethical business practices. If you have your own brand, you are always welcome,
10. Which countries import apparels from India?
The USA ranks top in the list, followed by several EU countries, Japan, Singapore, Australia, UAE & even Bangladesh.
11. Why Indian apparels are in demand?
India is a nation that has a rich history of apparel designing and a booming fashion sector. India's diverse ethnicities, geographical cultures, climatic conditions, and availability of quality raw materials- all these aspects impact worldwide Indian clothing demand.
12. What is the size of the Indian garment manufacturing industry?
The Indian garment industry is worth one trillion USD. By volume, Indian garment manufacturers export nearly 53% of their knitwear and 50% of their woven-garment each year.
13. Which types of clothing items are popular worldwide?
Different kinds of t-shirts are one of the most widely worn clothing worldwide, with approximately three billion pieces sold each year next comes baby, kids clothing & shirts.
14. What are promotional apparels?
Promotional apparels are a kind of clothing item which is printed or embroided with a company name, logo, custom text or contact information. The primary use of these items is to advertise a brand.
15. Can you define corporate apparel?
Any apparel that a corporate house offers its employees to dress in as representatives of that company is called corporate apparel. Corporate apparel comes with brand or company logos.
16. What is the purpose of a wash care label in clothes?
Care instruction is provided with wash care labels.
17. What is blended fabric in garments?
Blended fabrics are woven or knitted from yarns that have been made by blending two or more fibers together before they are spun into yarn. Cotton-polyester, Polyester-viscose, Cotton-linen, and wool-viscose are the most popular blended fabrics.
18. Why blended fabric is manufactured?
Blended fabrics can enhance the feel & softness of clothes and increase the functionality & durability of the final item.
19. What is GSM in fabric?
GSM stands for grams per square meter. It is a measurement of a fabric's weight. A fabric GSM indicates how much thick a fabric is. The performance of the cloth will be better with higher GSM fabric.
20. How does stitching matter for making clothes?
For any finished clothing item, stitching is a very crucial factor. Precision & high-quality stitching has a significant impact on the appearance, durability and strength of the clothing.
21. How can we visually differentiate natural & synthetic fabric?
Fabric shine can indicate whether the fabric is natural or synthetic. Natural fabric like cotton is quite dull & doesn't shine as artificial fabric. Polyester, Viscose, Polycotton-like synthetic fabrics have a noticeable waxy shine.
22. What is poly-cotton?
Polycotton is an example of blended fabric. It's a combination of polyester and cotton. The usual percentage of blend in polycotton fabric is 60% polyester and 40% cotton. Although, this percentage can vary.
23. I'm confused between choosing pure cotton & organic cotton garment. Can you guide me?
Organic cotton is produced organically so you will not get any practical difference between organic cotton fabric and non-organic cotton fabric.
24. For making my customised apparels, should I choose linen or go with cotton?
It depends upon which type of clothing items you want. Being natural, linen & cotton both have several identical characteristics. For making shirts, we will ask you to go for linen fabric. If you need t-shirts or anything else, go for cotton.
25. Best cotton fabric type?
It depends on usage. For shirt, Giza cotton is best next cotton-linen blend or pure Belgian linen. For T-shirt Cotton-spandex blend is best & for suiting polyester-viscose, cotton-polyester, and wool-viscose are best.
26. Best linen fabric type?
27. How can we visually differentiate linen & cotton fabric?
Wet one finger in clean water, then push it against the fabric to determine which is cotton and which is linen. The material where the stain of water drops will absorb more quickly and penetrate the opposite direction will be linen.
28. Except cotton & linen, do you have any other kind of fabric?
Yes! We have Pashmina fabric. We use it for making premium quality Pashmina Kani shawl.
29. I want to know more about Pashmina fabric.
The highest grade of cashmere wool is called Pashmina. Indian state Kashmir is the best place for sourcing Pashmina fabric. The texture of Pashmina is like silky gold. Pashmina fiber comes from three different types of Cashmere goat.
30. In some articles, the authors have stated that synthetic fabrics are better than natural fabrics. But your answer doesn't justify it. Why?
Always check the source to make sure it is trustworthy and accurate before reading anything online. There are numerous articles that could mislead for commercial reasons.
31. I have read that Bangladeshi clothes are less expensive than Indian clothing. Then why should I stick with India?
A business is not only a matter of pricing. What matters in business is trust, healthy relationships, product quality, post-delivery support, fair pricing & ethics. You can find a lot of manufacturers in Bangladesh who will offer you cheap price but you can't expect moral business policies from them.
32. Which kind of printing technique is best?
If you want to print your custom apparel in a more environmentally friendly manner, Silk screen printing is the best way to proceed.
33. Other than sustainability, what are some extra benefits of silk screen printing?
This printing technology defines the durability & versatility of prints. With silk screen printing, your apparel will pop colours, look great & remain fade-proof. It is also more affordable than other techniques.
34. But I know digital printing is best. How can you justify your views?
Using digital printing techniques for apparel is not a good investment. In this method, the printing speed & output would be slow. Costing would be on the higher side.
35. I want to source customised garments from you with my brand name. How can I sell those in my country?
Use e-Commerce platforms. Due to lockdowns caused by the pandemic, lots of offline stores had to close for an extended period. Unfortunately, a lot of temporary closures turned into permanent ones. But stores having e-Commerce platforms didn't face closure and still had good business.
36. Why are the UK and the US size of clothes different?
Because the average size of people in US and UK are different. Brands follow Government-established standards for clothing sizes. Unlike the USA, the UK also employs the metric system.
37. Does India have a separate size standard for clothing?
The sizes in India and the UK are the same. So Indian people use UK size charts. India to have its separate size standard soon. Let's wait and watch how the adoption of a defined norm for sizing turns out.
38. What are the types of clothing that depend upon the wearing environment or surroundings?
Four types of clothing depend upon the wearing environment. It includes business wear for job purposes, casual wear for everyday clothing, formal wear for formal occasions like weddings & sportswear for physical activity such as running.
39. What kinds of traditional Indian clothing are popular worldwide?
Traditional Indian clothing like Saree, Salwar kameez, Kurta pajamas & others is well-known around the world - to be honest, people cherish them.
40. How did t-shirts get their name "T-shirt"?
By looking at a T-shirt from the front side, you can recognise the letter "T" as its shape
41. I heard that t-shirts are sold in kgs in Kolkata & Tirupur. Is it true?
Maybe! Quality differs in this case. Either they can be stock clearance products or rejected pieces during QC checking. Some manufacturers sell these at low prices.
42. What are the different types of collars in t-shirts?
There are several types of collars in t-shirts. It may include crew necks, henleys, v-necks & round necks. Even for female t-shirts, there are some extras like scoop neck, boat neck & cowl neck.
43. Which kind of t-shirts do you manufacture?
At Param Apparels, we manufacture a variety of t-shirts like polo t-shirts, regular t-shirts, promotional t-shirts, event t-shirts, uniform t-shirts & corporate t-shirts. No matter with gender or age.
44. What are the Polo T-shirts?
Polo t-shirts are a sort of shirt. A polo t-shirt generally features a collar & a placket with two or three buttons - sometimes with optional pockets. They typically come in plain hues or straightforward designs like stripes.
45. Do polo t-shirts different from normal t-shirts?
The primary difference between these two garments is their collar. Polo t-shirts have stand-up collars and a button placket, whereas t-shirts come with a plain round neck. Their fabric GSM also differs.
46. What should the ideal fabric GSM for polo & regular t-shirts?
If you want something adaptable and all-season, choose regular t-shirts having GSM between 160 & 200. For polo t-shirts, you can choose up to 240 GSM.
47. How can you tell the quality of a T-shirt?
To touch it is the simplest way to test it. A high-quality t-shirt won't ever feel heavy or cheap looking. Besides, you can take the wrinkling test & check for fine quality stitching & hems.
48. What is a promotional t-shirt?
T-shirts with a custom company or brand emblem, text, or company slogan are called promotional t-shirts.
49. Do they (promotional t-shirt) really helps in marketing?
Yes, they do! These are highly efficient products for brand promotion. They offer a direct marketing strategy with the ability to reach a sizable audience of potential consumers